Tuesday, December 6, 2016

November 18 - December 1, 2016

Week 2

Over this long "week", my action step was to go through  my current clothes and decide what I might be able to keep for the new wardrobe and what I need to donate to charity or throw away.

I have already worked on downsizing for the last year or so.  I have been trying to simplify because I just feel like I can't keep up with maintaining the household and two jobs without devoting all my time to them and having  no free time.  Since I can't go around getting rid of items that belong to Chris and my dh, I decided that I would focus on my items. So, I've been selling, donating and throwing many things, including clothes.



Lots of shoes
Here is my closet before this week.  As can be seen, still not much room in there and many items that aren't in the fall color scheme. I do have a dresser for pajamas, underwear, etc.,also.


This is actually the front rod. There is one behind, but it is mostly empty.
View looking into the closet.


Eliminating the black items and a few sentimental favorites caused the most difficulties. Black is the go-to neutral for our society; it's easy to purchase and easy to coordinate with colors. I have kept a few black items and a few blue items just for a bit of variety until I am able to develop/purchase more selections for my update. The sentimental elements were clothes that I felt good in, especially in the past. Some I have kept despite the fact that they no longer fit me. I have gotten rid of most items in this category, but there were a few remaining. I took those out and tried them on and looked in the mirror.  With my new determination and discomfort of ill fitting clothes combined with how unflattering they were, I was able to put them in the donate bag.

After this time period, my closet is much more usable.  I even fit my clothes hamper in there.  I feel a big sense of satisfaction when I look in there and when I have been changing clothes.
View looking into the closet now. The
buckets are filled with scarves, slips, swimsuits,
gloves, hats, etc.
All shoes fit under rod, and there is much less clothes. 



1 comment:

  1. I love it Mrs. Crews! What a great Genius Hour. Where are you at now progress-wise?

    ReplyDelete